Our client, a major pharmaceutical manufacturer, is looking for a Senior Accounting & Tax Manager. Candidates need to have a B.Com Honours Degree with completed Articles and a CA plus 6 years in a similar financial management role will be advantageous.
- Responsible for correct reporting of financial results in line with internal financial policies and external accounting standards.
- Responsible for accurate tax calculation and management of the company’s relationship with tax authorities. This responsibility includes income tax, VAT, transfer pricing and customs knowledge to assist in the financial decision making process.
- Responsible for various internal finance submissions to head office.
- Managing financial compliance with commercial divisions, to become a trusted business partner during the decision making process.
- Managing aspects of internal and external audits to ensure that results are in line with expectations.
- Coaching and developing junior Finance staff to grow a successful Finance team.
- Proactively identifying and reducing risks.
Skills and experience required:
- Ability to set vision and strategy, which leads to delivering results in line with expectations.
- Analytical and problem solving skills, with a good eye for detail.
- Ability to manage multiple important tasks accurately.
- Analytical skills, including problem solving, reconciliation and review.
- Advanced Excel experience will be an advantage.
- Professional communication and the ability to work with different personalities.
- Personal motivation and commitment.
- Previous financial experience within a large/global company will be an advantage.
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the Ref No in the subject line. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.